×

Not just another beauty blog...

Davines Alchemic Conditioner: Tobacco



I recently decided I was bored of having blonde hair, wanting to fulfil my dream of being a fiery red head (not to mention getting peer-pressured by my work colleagues to do it) so I picked up a box of hair dye and went red-strawberry blonde-orange. 

Strawberry blondeish hair (it looked a bit darker and more red in person!
Of course I'd heard the rumours that red hair doesn't last and will fade quickly, and boy were they right. Admittedly I have become one of those people who wash their hair every day, which I know is really bad, so inevitably it was going to fade pretty quick, but honestly after about 5-6 days the blonde was peeping back through and I was very much a strawberry blonde, not really the more rich, deep red I was aiming for. 

This is where the Davines Alchemic Conditioner comes in. I was looking for something to just refresh the colour in between dyeing it and keep the vibrancy that I was after. So after a bit of research this came up as a recommendation and I have to say I was extremely impressed. 

First of all, it works really well as a conditioner on its own. It has a very thick consistency, think just ofter than firm coconut oil, which feels super luxurious and nourishing upon application. The colour of the conditioner is a medium earthy orange which imparts just enough of a colour vibrancy back to your hair without changing the colour too much (bear in mind this is just my experience on my colour hair, it may work differently on other colours!). My hair was super shiny after using this just once, and after using it consecutively for two days it definitely left a tint of warm reddish colour which just looked brighter snd fresher than without (the guy who served me while buying this said the colour can last about two washes anyway, so this was kind of building it up as I wanted to see what happened).  

I would highly recommend this if you have medium red/orange or even strawberry blonde hair. I am interested to see what would happen if this was used on light blonde hair, as I feel like it would probably impart a really nice warm glow, but I wonder whether it would be patchy doing it this way. 

I have actually now gone back to blonde by using a colour remover but the red was fun while it lasted and I'd probably go back again. 

No comments

Copyright © Sophie ElgarCREATED BY ThemeShine