×

Not just another beauty blog...

Herbivore Botanicals

Created with natural, plant-based, food-grade ingredients, including essential and cold-pressed oils, GMO free soy wax and many of those being certified organic, as well as using recyclable and reusable packaging, Hervbivore is the reasonably new hot brand on the beauty scene. 

Besides the beautiful, aethetically pleasing packaging that would take pride of place on anyone's bathroom shelf, the products themselves are fantastic and a pleasure to use. 




I had a short consultation with the Herbivore brand representative in Liberty London and was pretty much sold straight away. So far I've used a small selection of thier products, although their range isn't massively extensive anyway, and I've enjoyed them all so far. 




I think my favourite product from the range so far is, quite boringly, the Blue Clay soap bar. Never, ever have I been a soap woman when it comes to washing my face, but having felt that my skin was going through a particularly oily stage I wanted something that was going to help it feel really clean and fresh, without stripping it too much. Consistently for about two years I had been using the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish and whilst I will always love this and always come back to it, I really wanted a change and use something that would make my skin feel almost squeaky clean after washing. 

The Blue Clay soap bar is recommended for those with oily or acne prone skin as the Cambrian blue clay penetrates deeply into the pores to draw out impurities whilst helping the skin to maintain moisture, containing coconut oil and olive oil. This soap produces a lovely fine lather and smells great and I really feel like it is doing good things when I'm using it by giving it a good clean. 





I've also tried two of the facial oils, the Lapis and Phoenix oils. The Lapis Oil is again intended for those with slightly oilier skin to help rebalance and whilst leaving it moisturised and healthy. This oil sinks in really quickly and doesn't leave an oily sheen on the skin. I use this when my skin is feeling oily in the evening as I feel it helps to balance it out again and leave my skin looking and feeling fresher in the morning. 


The other oil I have, the Phoenix Oil, is devised more for those with very dry skin or skin that needs a drastic infusion of moisture, and thereofre I use it when my skin is feeling tight or dry or if maybe I've had one too many drinks the day before and need an extra moisture hit. This one also contains Rosehip Oil which I absolutely love. I've used pure Rosehip oil before and my skin loves it, so anyting that contains this is a winner. 


Another favourite of mine is the Brighten Pineapple and Gemstone face mask which is amazing! It looks beautiful in the pot which is a good start - it has a pearlescent look to it thanks to the Brazilian Tourmakine Gemstone which helps give a glowing complexion. The pineapple enzymes in this facemask give a gentle exfoliation, meaning after use your skin feels softer and looks brighter. I've used this one to two times a week since I've had it and I love the way it leave my skin feeling. 


I also have the Coco Rose Lip Tint in Coral which is the perfect lip balm to impart a pretty good amount of colour, as well as nourishing the lips with the coconut oil and Moroccan Rose Absolute (which also gives it a lovely smell). This is one of those lip balms that actually gives a really good hit of peachy, coral colour to the lips and doesn't just disappear after a few minutes. Definitely one to try if you like that no-makeup makeup look.


I also have the Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Face Mask and the Pink Cloud moisturiser which are both lovely, but I wouldn't say they're huge favourites. 


The next thing I want to try from this brand is definitely the MoonFruit Superfruit Night Treatment as it sounds amazing and anything that claims to make me wake up brightened, refreshed and glowing is definitely worth a try. 


Have you tried anything from Herbivore before? What are your favourites?


No comments

Copyright © Sophie ElgarCREATED BY ThemeShine