×

Not just another beauty blog...

3 Hydrating Facemasks

I bloody love a good face mask and have really got back into using them recently. I find that they're one of those things that are easily forgotten in a skincare routine, but when you do start using them again you wonder why you ever stopped (laziness, let's be honest). I've loved using lots of hydrating face masks recently as my skin has really been feeling quite dehydrated (not enough water intake) so I thought I'd share the three that I'm absolutely loving right now. 



BEST FOR COMPLETE INTENSE HYDRATION - Hydraluron Moisture Boosting Mask
This sheet mask is, in my opinion , the best for intensely re-hydrating your skin. I've been quite tired recently and have had a cold and/or hay fever, so my skin hasn't been looking or feeling its best and so I wanted to use a mask that was going to plump, hydrate and nourish my skin again. This pack of four usually costs £19.99 but I managed to pick this one up in TK Maxx at a bargainous £5.99, but I wouldn't hesitate to pay the full price when I repurchase because it works so well. 



The mask is soaked in serum and after having this on my skin for around 15 minutes almost all of the serum has gone and absorbed into my skin, it feels incredible. After using the mask I like to simply rub in any remnants of serum and leave it on overnight (if I'm using it in the evening) and honestly, your skin will be glowing, hydrated, radiant and plumped up. If you're going to try just one of these masks, I would go for this one.


BEST FOR SOOTHING HYDRATION - Liz Earle Intensive Nourishing Treatment Mask
The Liz Earle hydrating mask is a beautiful one. It has a gorgeously thick, creamy consistency, something akin to a thick body butter, and is absolutely the best for providing comforting hydration to your skin. This is one to use if your skin is feeling particularly sensitive, maybe you've had a bit too much sun, you've over-exfoliated or for some reason it just doesn't feel quite right. This will leave your skin feeling soothed as well as hydrated and I find this one amazing for using before applying makeup as it leaves it feeling really soft and smooth as well. 


BEST FOR REFRESHING HYDRATION - Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask
If your skin is feeling tired, lacklustre and dehydrated then give the Cucumber mask a go. All of these masks are great to use in the morning to prepare your skin with a shot of hydration, but this one in particular if it's one of those mornings where you just can't seem to wake up properly, will instantly give your skin a boost and leave you glowing and ready for the day. This one feels refreshingly cool on application, it's a gorgeous light texture and I find most of it sinks into my skin after about 10 minutes. 




No comments

Copyright © Sophie ElgarCREATED BY ThemeShine