×

Not just another beauty blog...

Goal Number One

My list of new year's resolutions is ever growing at the moment. As soon as Boxing Day is over I always want the new year to be here and to clear away the detritus so we can all start afresh with renewed enthusiasm, and this includes compiling some, probably unachievable, goals for the new year. I have already written six of these in the post below, and already have another to add to that list...


I want to be kinder. I want to be more mindful of people and of people's feelings and I want to stop judging people or jumping to conclusions about people before I know or understand them better. This is a goal I will achieve this year. I will definitely need some sort of book or app to help me do this so any recommendations would go down well. I'm not an inherently horrible person, not at all. I think if you asked people who knew me they would say I was kind, or at least nice, but I know I could be kinder and more giving. Sometimes I say things, even to my friends, that just kind of come out of my mouth before I've really processed them (my girls from uni, my best friends, will know what I mean if they're reading!). Whenever this happens, and someone takes offence or things I'm being short or cold, I can honestly say I never intend it to come out that way. 


I want to stop this happening and be more aware of what I'm saying and how I'm saying it. But it's more than this as well, I want to change my thinking. I admire people that appear to get along with everyone, can easily strike up a conversation and are always accepting. I do think that having the natural ability to do these things is a big part of it, but I'm sure that this can be learnt too. I am not sure that this is a quantifiable goal, in fact I'm sure it isn't, but it is one that I think I'll know if I achieve or not. 

I'll keep you posted. 

No comments

Copyright © Sophie ElgarCREATED BY ThemeShine