×

Not just another beauty blog...

Empties #1


Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish - A beauty staple and long-time favourite of mine. I first started using this about four years ago when I was getting more into skincare at uni. You will all have heard reviews about it before and it is worth the hype. A gentle, but very effective cleanser. I tend to use it as the first step in my evening skincare routine to get the majority of my make-up off (including eye make-up), before going on to cleanse again with something else. I got this one for Christmas and it has just run out, so it's long lasting too.

V05 Give Me Texture - Since I had my haircut into what pretty much resembles a bob, I've wanted to make sure my hair has some texture and body to it. This does both very well. Almost like a dry shampoo but without the faff of white hair, it smells really nice and definitely does what it says on the tin. Sprayed into the roots it gives lift and an almost matte finish to the hair. Will definitely repurchase and try other things from the range.

OPI Nail Envy - Another beauty world favourite. This actually ran out a couple of months ago but for some reason it has stuck around in my collection. I did enjoy using this but to be honest, I didn't get the amazing results that I've heard other people have. The main issue I have with my nails isn't so much strength, it's more peeling and the fact they never get past a certain length. I think it helped with the peeling to a certain extent but didn't really help my nails to grow much longer. I am still considering a repurchase to give it another go, but at £18 a bottle (although I actually got this one off eBay for less than that) I'm not rushing out to buy it.

John Frieda Luxurious Volume Blow Dry Lotion - I used to use this product when I was in secondary school (which was about 6 or 7 years ago - oh god) and discovered it again (not the exact same bottle, just FYI) earlier this year. Again, I wanted something to give some volume and lift to my relatively fine hair, and I have to say I love this product. It really does give amazing volume after I spray it into the roots of towel dried hair. I don't find it sticky or crispy, in fact I can't feel it in my hair at all and it makes my hair feel bouncy and light. I'm actually really sad this has finished and as soon as I get the chance I will be picking another one up.

Soap and Glory Righteous Butter - I seem to have used up a lot of 'cult' beauty products in this post! This was a travel size of the famous S&G butter that I picked up a while ago. I have to agree with the hype that surrounds this product - it really is a great body butter. Smells delicious and doesn't leave a sticky feeling on the skin, which I hate! I can't use the Body Shop body butters because I cannot stand being able to feel moisturisers on my skin, but this one sinks in really quickly but feels moisturising enough. I have a thousand and one other body moisturisers to use up, so won't be re-buying this just yet, but I will in the future.

Sleek Luminous Pressed Powder - Technically I didn't finish this - I dropped it on the floor and it smashed so I had to throw the contents away! There wasn't much left so I wasn't too bothered! I really like this powder. It has very fine golden shimmers running through it which give a really gorgeous healthy glow to the skin. I have combination/oily skin and I personally love a good bit of glow, so I don't mind the shimmers at all. They aren't too obvious or glittery so if you're worried about that then, well, don't be! One of the main reasons I love it is because it never looks powdery, I haven't found that it cakes at all and I find it quite long lasting. I won't be repurchasing at the moment because, surprise surprise, I have others to use up first, but I would consider it in the future.

Give me your thoughts on any of these products and let me know if you've got an empties post to share!

Sophie

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter and Bloglovin'!

No comments

Copyright © Sophie ElgarCREATED BY ThemeShine