×

Not just another beauty blog...

My Goodness.

What an extraordinarily long time it has been since I last posted on here. I don't really know what's happened. Well, that's not true I do know what's happened, I've been down in London for the last three weeks doing an internship and life has been crazy. I haven't been much into reviewing anything (even though I was interning at a beauty company!) and too much has been going on, both personally and 'professionally'. You know that feeling when you think everything's hanging on by a thread? Well that's me. I feel like I'm back at square one and don't know which way to turn. I'm not going to go into details on here, mostly because I don't even know what these 'details' would consist of, but I just fancied putting something out there today.

Everyone enjoying the olympics? I was at the opening ceremony concert in Hyde Park a couple of weeks ago which was brilliant, and it has been so great being down in London with all the excitement and energy that the olympics has brought. I didn't even find my commute was affected, in fact on some days it was quieter than ever! Of course the downside of doing internships is that they are generally unpaid (which mine was) and London isn't exactly the cheapest place to be hanging around but I did still manage to have a brilliant time, and I have to say a massive thank you to my beautiful friend Flo for letting me stay with her and her family throughout my time there.

I can't believe it's over though, it went by in an absolute flash. I learnt a lot and it was a great experience, but now I'm back on the job hunt (without even a part-time job, as I had before) and it feels like a never-ending cycle of rejection (bit over dramatic maybe). Honestly though, sometimes it is difficult to see the point in having gone to uni and got a degree when it has taken me over a year (and counting) to get any sort of 'proper' job. I'm not whining and I'm not saying I expected to be handed my dream job on a silver platter, not at all. I'm willing to work hard and push myself into something that maybe I wouldn't have originally thought I'd be doing, but it can get hard when you don't get so much as a "We regret to inform you" after having applied for something you thought you might have had a chance of getting.

I just can't see where I'm going at the moment. I know what I would love to be doing, I just don't know how to get there. I must have applied for at least 40 jobs, probably not as many as some people, but to no avail. Maybe it's time to re-evaluate? But I can't think anymore. About anything.

That's it, time to stop procrastinating and apply for some more jobs that I'll never even know if my application was considered for. God, I sound spoilt. JUST GIVE ME A CHANCE SOMEONE.

No comments

Copyright © Sophie ElgarCREATED BY ThemeShine