×

Not just another beauty blog...

A Redesign and Bow Nails

Some of you may have noticed (if you still come on here, I know I'm being very irregular with posting recently) that my blog has changed slightly in its design. I am in the process of updating it and trying to make it look a bit more professional, with less clutter down the sides and hopefully some new buttons and possibly a new, sleeker header in the not-too-distant future. I'm still keeping the ducks/penguins/whatever they are because I kind of think they're a fundamental part of it, but hopefully these changes will be good. And you never know, they might make me blog more because I have quite a lot of spare time on my hands (yep, still no job, although a couple of things may have come up today). 

Going along with the theme of having a lot of spare time on my hands, I did some nail art today! Bearing in mind I don't actually own any nail art pens I think they turned out alright, I used an old eyeliner brush for the black outline and a white varnish which has a thin brush with it. This was inspired by a look in the WAH Nails Book of Nail Art that I mentioned in this post; it's super cute and fun and not all too difficult to do once it's broken down into steps. I don't know if you'll be able to tell but these aren't my real nails that I've done the look on. These are the Impress Nails in 'Velvet Rope' that I got in my Glossybox (I know, I was impressed -excuse the pun- even though I wouldn't class them as a 'luxury' product). I'm not normally a false nail wearer but I do think these look alright and they feel absolutely fine and not annoying at all. 







I know they're by no means perfect, and this would have been a lot easier with a black nail art pen, but hey ho, it looks pretty cute from a distance, just don't look too close ;)! I can't wait to do some more redesigning on the blog, I feel inspired and ready to really get back to blogging big style! Hope you're all well and speak soon! 

Sophie

No comments

Copyright © Sophie ElgarCREATED BY ThemeShine