×

Not just another beauty blog...

Jubilee Nail Look


Oh My Gosh! I cannot apologise enough to one and all for not having posted for 12 DAYS! I am a complete blogging failure! I haven't posted since before the Jubilee (which seems like forever ago) even though I had some posts lined up! I just don't seem to have had the time to sit down and construct anything, plus it has been my birthday (9th, just in case you were wondering ;)) so I've been a bit busy! I hope you don't mind that this nail look is a little late coming, it isn't actually in-your-face patriotic and the colours could easily be swapped around so I thought I'd share it with you for some inspiration anyway! I actually got inspired to do this by a picture I saw on Twitter (can't for the life of me remember who it was, but I don't want to take all the credit for coming up with it!). 

I didn't think I would get so in to the whole Jubilee theme thing that was going on but I actually quite enjoyed it! So I thought I may as well go the whole hog and paint my nails in the most patriotic manner I could! I would have preferred to have used a white crackle top coat but I only had this soft gold one, so there we go. I think the overall effect is still ok and not quite as in-your-face as, say, a whole union jack flag on each nail (not that I think that's a bad idea - I just don't have the patience!


I used Barry M's Cobalt Blue, Natural Collection's Red Robin and Next's (yes, they do nail varnish!) Gold Reactive Topcoat. Hope you like it! And I really hope you all had joyful celebrations around the Jubilee. I have a very exciting new (for me, anyway) discovery to share with you all tomorrow, it is THE best face mask that I have ever used! And it's cheap! Honestly I cannot rave about this product enough, I wanted to do a post as soon as I used it but got wrapped up in doing something else (namely, reorganising the bathroom cabinet!) and now that I've been able to use it a few times I can give you a thorough and honest review. So, I bet you can't wait for tomorrow now to find out what it is! I'll keep you in suspense and wish you all a great evening! Au revoir for now (I have actually been cracking on with my learning French resolution as well!). So Bonne Soiree! ('Have a good evening'!)

No comments

Copyright © Sophie ElgarCREATED BY ThemeShine