×

Not just another beauty blog...

The best face mask...ever?

So, as I mentioned in Wednesday's post I have found the absolute best face mask ever! It's not that often that I find products that I can actually see are making a difference to my skin and I've used a fair few face masks in my time. Whilst I do feel like I'm doing something good for my skin when I use them, on the whole I haven't noticed a massive difference. However, as soon as I applied this I could tell that this was different! The product in question is the Good Things Five Minute Facial Face Mask. I didn't actually know much about the Good Things brand before picking this up (and another product from the range, more on that later), but on further inspection found that it is a line that has been created by beauty writer Alice Hart-Davis. It's a range aimed at younger skin and focuses on using the power of superfruits to give your skincare a boost. This mask has extracts of avocado and goji berry, as well as green clay to draw out impurities and willow bark, which apparently helps to boost radiance. I have used clay masks before, from the self-heating type that don't harden, to the ones that feel as though you've got an iron mask on your face, but none as good as this. As a bonus, the whole range is free from parabens, mineral oils and animal ingredients. If you want to find out more about the range visit the website where you can read up on all the ingredients and products.



A little example of the product, it's not a really thick consistency and you only need a thin layer. Apologies for the black marks on my hand, I was trying out eyebrow pens earlier in the day!

To use this face mask you apply it to cleansed skin and leave on for five minutes. I find that it has a slight tingling sensation, but I quite like this because it makes me think something is happening! The mask hardens as it dries, which is also something I like, and after the five minutes are up you can literally see all the impurities that have been drawn out of your pores - it is a miracle worker. It advises to use the mask weekly or whenever your skin needs a brightening boost, however, if you have sensitive skin I would definitely stick to only once a week because I personally find it quite intense, but also very effective. I use a muslin cloth to remove it and am left with glowing, smooth and bright skin. I really would recommend giving this a go if you're in the market for an effective face mask. It does have a really strong scent so if you're not really into that I would avoid this, however, if you don't mind a fruity scent for a few minutes give it a go! It costs £5.99 (from Boots, I believe it is widely available) for 100ml and I can honestly say I have never used a better face mask. 

Have you ever tried this? Or any other products from this range? I also picked up the Deep Pore Anti Blemish Cleanser because I needed a make-up remover to use before I used my Clarisonic in the evening. It's a two-in-one cleanser and toner (it does contain alcohol) and contains fig and wild strawberry extracts for radiant and soft skin. Again, I have to say that I am really liking this product. It removes eye make-up really effectively and doesn't sting or irritate. I tend to also use this in the morning, swept over my face with a cotton pad to get rid of any oiliness and it leaves you feeling refreshed and awake. Definitely another one to look out for if you don't mind a strong smell and are looking for a new cleanser and/or toner. 

Let me know if you've got an amazing face mask that I should try. As with most other beauty bloggers I do like to find a new miracle worker! I hope you're all having a fantastic day and I look forward to speaking again soon! A bientot! (See you soon/See you later!)

No comments

Copyright © Sophie ElgarCREATED BY ThemeShine