×

Not just another beauty blog...

Such a lotta samples



As with many other bloggers, I have a rather large stash of samples waiting to be used or reviewed. Most of them I have acquired thanks to the beauty box phenomenon that has been going on, others I have actively sought out and some were just given to me either with a purchase or from people I know. I find it difficult to try everything, especially when it comes to skincare, because there is always a risk that something won't work for you and you'll have a bad reaction to it - which is definitely something I want to try and avoid. I don't have overly sensitive skin so I don't worry too much about trying things out here and there, but on the whole, I am happy with my skincare routine and try and avoid changing it up too much. 


However, it is a bit of a double edged sword because there's always that little niggle that says 'Your skin could be even better if you use this or that product!' and there are so many hyped up products that claim to work miracles for other people, so I often feel like I want to try it just to see if it really is that good. It's a tricky situation, wouldn't you agree?! I do like having a little box full of exciting new things to experiment with if I'm feeling in such a mood, but to be honest, with a lot of things that claim to work miracles, I often don't see much of a result. For example, the Caudalie Vinosource Serum (received in a Glossybox) did absolutely nothing that I could put my finger on. Bearing in mind I don't have dry skin maybe this product would have worked well for other people, but I've kind of lost interest in trying a lot of things because I'm sceptical about their effectiveness. I think I am probably the sort of person who expects a little too much from products sometimes, I mean you're not going to see dramatic results overnight with most things, and I think I might be a bit impatient, but when you're getting so-called 'luxury' samples each month, I would expect them to do something. 


I don't really know what the point of this post was, I just felt like having a bit of a chat and I am pretty sure that if I persevered with some of the samples I did have then I would be pleasantly surprised. The thing is, with something like my Clarins cleansing gel (yes, I'm mentioning it YET again!) I actually did notice a difference in my skin after pretty much the first use, so with products such as serums or toners, which are supposedly far more concentrated or astringent (in a good way) then I would expect to see something happening, but for the most part, I just don't. Anyway, this honestly wasn't meant to turn into a rant or to undermine the usefulness of samples because I do love getting them and trying them, I guess I just haven't had much success with a lot of the ones I've got, probably because they just weren't aimed at my skin type. So yes, there we go, a bit of a random post for today! I really hope you're all doing well and I looking forward to speaking again! Bye bye! 

No comments

Copyright © Sophie ElgarCREATED BY ThemeShine