×

Not just another beauty blog...

NYR: Book 7


Good morning lovlies! So, you may or may not know that one of my new years resolutions was to read 30 books this year and I have to admit I have been majorly slacking. It may not sound like a great amount but it works out as 2 and a half books a month which, combined with working, blogging and general living, can be hard to fit in. I had a spurt when I was reading The Hunger Games and managed to get through them in about a week and a half but since then I have just lost all reading motivation. However, I have managed to get back into it and, once again I started a book (Wildflower, review WILL come soon!) but then got distracted by a much easier read and am happy to say I finished it within about six days. The book in question is Jo Nesbo's 'Headhunters' which I am reliably informed has been made into a feature film. The general storyline of the book features a man called Roger Brown who is a headhunter and an art thief on the side. He is introduced to someone he believes will be the perfect candidate for a postition he has lined up, however, things start to take a turn for the worst when he finds out this candidate is in possesion of one of the most sought after paintings in the world. Everything gets a bit messed up (great descriptions going on here) and there are some good twists and turns to keep it interesting. It's a definite page turner and I'd recommend it for an easy, yet interesting read. As a bonus, the proceeds from the book and the film go to the Harry Hole Foundation which is a charity set up to 'reduce illiteracy among children in the third world'. So even if you don't enjoy it you're still doing some good! 

I must crack on and read some more now. I wish blog posts counted towards my goal of 30 because I can safely say that if they did I would have far surpassed this a long time ago! Ah well, I put myself in this situation and I will not fail! Are you reading any interesting books at the moment? I've been recommended the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series as an un-put-downable series that's bound to have me pushing ahead in my resolution in no time, have any of you lot read them? I really hope you're all doing fantastically well and I look forward to speaking again soon. Au revoir! (Learning French was another resolution, clearly not got that far with that one yet.)

No comments

Copyright © Sophie ElgarCREATED BY ThemeShine