×

Not just another beauty blog...

Nails - Girl On Fire!

Like my Hunger Games reference there ;)? Before I get onto the colour I just wanted to mention that I picked up the Boots cuticle remover today after hearing Vivianna, from Vivianna Does Makeup on YouTube and on her amazing blog. I'm not into nail care in a massive way and I often tend to neglect my cuticles and nails in general (apart from painting them, obvs) but thought this might be a good way to get some sort of nail-care routine started. I have to say I'm surprised how much I like it! I've never actually used a cuticle remover before but I wish I had, it really works! You just massage it into the cuticle, leave on for a minute and then push back the cuticles with an orange stick and, magically, the cuticles (or the dry bit of cuticle at least) disappears! It is a good step to have in your nail-care routine because it can make your varnish look a lot neater and more polished (no pun intended!).


So, now into the actual nail look of the day! This is one of the nail varnishes I picked up in my TK Maxx haul (read about it here). It's Nail's Inc.'s 'New Burlington Place' and is a pinky-red colour with orange duo-chrome shimmery-ness going on. It's probably not a colour I would usually go for but I do quite like it. First I want to just say that the application and drying time for all the Nail's Inc. polishes I've tried has been very good, which is definitely an important factor in my enjoyment of the nail varnish application process (I make it sound so technical). The three that I've used from this collection so far have all needed three coats, but because of the fast drying time I don't feel that that's a particularly bad downfall. What do you think of the colour, yay or nay? Let me know and I hope you're all having a fantastic day! 

Thanks for reading and speak soon!


No comments

Copyright © Sophie ElgarCREATED BY ThemeShine