×

Not just another beauty blog...

NYR: Books 3, 4 and 5

The reason books three, four and five have been compiled into one review is because they are all part of the same trilogy, so thought it might be wise to review them together. The books are The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins and have pretty much consumed all my time over the past week and a bit. 
I don't know if I mentioned before, but I am one of those people that cannot put a good book down. If I start to get into it it pretty much takes over my life until it's finished, and what with this being a trilogy, it's been pretty hard to do anything else recently. I know there has been a lot of hype about these books and sometimes that can be a bit off-putting, but after seeing the trailer for the up-coming film (out on 23rd March - super excited!) I thought I would give them a read beforehand. And I was not disappointed. 

The story is set in a post-apocalyptic world (stay with me here...) called Panem and is ruled by the Capitol who, every year, host The Hunger Games - an event where 24 'tributes' have to fight to the death, literally, to become Victor. The books follow the volunteer tribute Katniss Everdeen who throws herself into the games to save her young sister from having to do so. 

There is love, loss, fighting, anger, sorrow, hope and so much more and, in a strange way, kind of helped me understand more about what is actually going on in the world today and shows how revolutions and wars and destruction can so easily come about. I found all three of the books really engaging and enjoyable to read and, whilst I think the first one is probably my favourite, none of them seemed to drag on or have that "This didn't need to be a trilogy" feeling. If you know what I mean.

I can't wait to see the film now because from the trailer it looks like they've done a really good job with casting and I'm intrigued to see how they recreate the world of Panem. Take a look at the trailer below.


Hope you're having a brill day and let me know what you thought about the books if you've read them! 


No comments

Copyright © Sophie ElgarCREATED BY ThemeShine