×

Not just another beauty blog...

OPI 'You Can Count On It'

As you'll know if you've read my blog for a while, I love a nude nail polish and I've found another love! This one is OPI's 'You Can Count On It' from their Infinite Shine 2 range and was a beautiful birthday gift from one of my best friends (thanks Kat!). This one is more of a pinky-peachy nude, compared to the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel in 'Bare Dare' (see comparison below) and has a lovely warmth to it. When I was wearing this in the pictures below I'd put some fresh fake tan on (Dove Gradual Tan) and it looked lovely against my slightly warmer skin tone. I'm never sure about a nude on my toenails, but I actually think this one would look really pretty so I'll be giving that a go in the next couple of days. 





In terms of application this was relatively easy to apply, there was some slight un-evenness where you could see if it was slightly thicker in places, but with two coats this wasn't too noticeable and once applied it looks really beautiful. The formula is pretty thick but this helps to achieve the very glossy finish, as you'd expect from a 'gel-lacquer' called Infinite Shine. It also dried pretty quickly which is always something I look for because I can never be arsed to sit around waiting for my nail varnish to dry. In the pictures below I haven't applied a top coat, this is just the nail colour on its own and you can see how shiny it is. In terms of longevity, I would normally apply a nice layer of Seche Vite on top of any nail colour, whether it says you need to or not, but I didn't on this occasion but still found that it lasted a good 3 days without noticeable chipping. As I've mentioned before my nails chip really easily so anything that lasts longer than a couple of days is a winner in my books! 



p.s. please don't judge my nail/cuticle area! I haven't given myself a proper manicure in too long but will get on it ASAP!





Sophie
Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' and Instagram!

No comments

Copyright © Sophie ElgarCREATED BY ThemeShine