×

Not just another beauty blog...

NYX Wonder Stick

NYX recently came to the big Boots in my local town so of course I had to pick a few bits up to try. I've had some bits and pieces from NYX before, but I've never tried any of their contouring products and so thought I'd give their cream contour and highlight 'Wonder Stick' a go.

The main things I look for in a contour stick are colour and texture (not sure what else there could be really!) and am happy to say that I like this stick for both of these things. As you can see from the picture above, the colour of the contour stick is really nice, I picked it up in the 'Universal' shade and I find that the colour sits somewhere perfectly between warm and cool. Sometimes a contour stick can be too grey and make you look like you're trying to pull off a halloween look, or can go the opposite way and be way too orange to ever pass as anything resembling a natural shadow, but NYX seem to have nailed it with this one. The contour shade really does blend very easily as well, I either use a beauty blender to gently push the product into the skin or a stiff brush (usually the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush) to blend it along the cheek bones, jawline and hairline. 

The highlight shade is a matte, light yellow-y cream colour that I use around the eye area (I don't use it directly under the eye area, as in where you would put concealer all around because I find it a taddddd too drying) but sort of down the sides of the nose and a little bit along the high points of the cheekbones, in the centre of the forehead and down the centre of the nose. Again, this blends out beautifully and I can definitely notice a difference in the depth my skin seems to have when using it. 

In terms of longevity, my skin tends towards the oilier side of the spectrum and I have noticed that when I've been wearing this product for a good few hours the contour can start to look a little bit patchy where the colour has broken down a bit, it's nothing a quick rub over with your fingers to blend out can't fix, but it's something to be aware of, especially if your skin can be oily (obviously I'm not sure how it would act on a dry skin). At £10.50, I'm not sure I would rush out to buy again once I use it up, as there are so many contouring products already on the market and always being released that I would love to try more, but if you have thought about giving it a go, I don't think you'd be disappointed. 

Have you ever given this product a go? Or do you have any other contouring recommendations that are holy grail for you - let me know! 

No comments

Copyright © Sophie ElgarCREATED BY ThemeShine